The Macau Productivity and Technology Transfer Center (CPTTM) was founded in 1996. It is a non-profit organization jointly established by the Macau SAR Government and the private sector.
The mission of CPTTM is:
1) to support the upgrading of local human resources, and 2) to foster local organizations in effectively applying new concepts, information and resources in order to enhance the added-value of its products or services. The ultimate aim is to promote higher productivity and stronger competitiveness of the Macao economy.
Today's CPTTM has evolved into an organization providing integrated services ranging from vocational training courses, professional examinations, management/technical advisory services, as well as activities such as seminars, workshops, exhibitions, skill competitions and study missions.
These services are delivered by seven business units, namely: Quality Management Department, Apparel Technology Department, External Cooperation & Marketing Department, Information Technology Department, Training Development Department, Professional Examination Resources Unit and Information System Promotion Unit.
One of the key service areas of CPTTM is to encourage local enterprises to enhance their management systems and practices to meet international standards (including but not limited to ISO 9000, ISO 14000, ISO 22000 etc, as well as ISO/IEC 17025 or similar standards for laboratory accreditation).
As specific means of support, CPTTM has a department dedicated to quality management, offering and organizing:
- information and advisory services regarding quality management, green management, occupational health & safety management, food safety management, social accountability, and international certification / accreditation;
- subsidy program, loan program, and training incentive for international certification / accreditation;
- seminars, training courses (from introduction, internal auditing, lead assessor training to continuous improvement tools / techniques) and workshops;
- publication of newsletters on Standards and Management, as well as toolkits on "Good Management Practices";
- educational programs designed to foster eco-friendly behaviours among the young generation, namely the "EnviroKids Program";
- reference resources in the CPTTM library (books, standards, periodicals, multimedia resources), and
- Online Quality Forum.