The Department of Technical Regulation (DTR) is a subdivision of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. DTR executes functions connected with the formation and implementation of state policy on technical regulation: standardization, metrology, certification, conformity assessment, accreditation of conformity assessment bodies, and quality management.
DTR also coordinates the representation and participation of Ukraine in international, european and regional standardization organizations including ISO, IEC, CEN and CENELEC.
DTR’s activities include:
- establish rules for the development, approval, adoption, review, amendments and termination of national standards, their designation, classification by types and other characteristics, coding and registration;
- organize and coordinate the execution of works in the field of standardization, develop and approve regulatory acts in this area;
- form a program of standardization;
- take steps to harmonize national standards that are being developed with relevant international (regional) standards;
- perform registration of standards and other regulatory documents according to the legislation;
- take steps to fulfill the obligations arising from the participation of Ukraine in international (regional) organizations for standardization;
- organize provision of information services on standardization etc.