The National Institute for Standards and Metrology "Kyrgyzst" is the national body for standardization and measurement assurance.
Main areas of activities :
- development and realization of strategy in the field of standardization;
- adoption of programmes on the development of national standards;
- approval of the national standards;
- establishment of the procedures and rules of work in the field of standardization in accordance with WTO TBT;
- organization and coordination of national TC's work;
- development, keeping and perfection of national standards of units, reproduction of basic and derivative dimensions of units of SI system;
- rendering of metrological services (calibration, verification, certification of test and diagnostic equipment, etc.);
- legislative metrology;
- certification of products, services;
- reference and information services (Enquiry Point WTO TBT);
- consulting on issues in the fields of standardization, metrology, QMS.