The Hellenic Organization for Standardization (ELOT) was established in 1976 as a non-profit legal entity under private law, subsidized by the State and supervised by the Minister of Industry. Since 1997, ELOT operates as "Société Anonyme", with the distinctive title "ELOT S.A." under the supervision of the Minister of Development.
ELOT's primary objective is the development, promotion and implementation of standardization in Greece.
The main activities of the Organization are:
- the elaboration and dissemination of standards;
- the granting of conformity marks and certificates to products;
- the certification of management systems;
- the execution of laboratory tests and inspections;
- the provision of training courses and information on Standardization and related activities as well as on technical regulations.