CODINORM is a non-profit public interest association. It was jointly established by the private sector and the State on 24 September 1992. It is managed by a Board of 23 members, 14 of which are from the private sector and nine from the State. CODINORM is the national standards and certification body entrusted with the following tasks:
- the development, registration and dissemination of Côte d'Ivoire standards;
- the management of a national product certification and quality management system (ISO 9000 series);
- the promotion of quality management in companies;
- the management of a technical documentation collection and of a bookstore for standards and quality-related works;
- the management of the national WTO enquiry point on standards and regulations;
- the representation of Côte d'Ivoire in international standardization bodies.
The association, which at 31 December 2008 includes 126 member companies, operates under the Ministry in charge of industry.