IANOR is the National Standards Body. Its tasks include in particular:
- to ensure the development of national standards in coordination with the other sectors;
- to identify national standardization needs;
- to ensure the implementation of the national standardization plan;
- to ensure the dissemination of information on standardization and related activities;
- to manage the national information point on Technical Barriers to Trade of the World Trade Organization (WTO);
- to manage the mark of conformity to Algerian standards.