ISO has a number of awards that help promote different aspects of international standardization.
- The Lawrence D Eicher Award recognises excellence in standards development and is open to all ISO and ISO/IEC technical committees.
- The ISO/DIN essay contest for young standardizers in developing countries recognizes young professionals working in standardization in developing countries.
- The ISO Excellence Award rewards the achievements of ISO’s technical experts and is open to any individual nominated in the capacity of expert, project leader or convenor in a committee working group.
In addition, from time to time ISO offers awards to selected sectors to recognise excellence and expertise in the world of standardization. Some past awards include:
- The ISO Prize aimed at leaders in business, government and academia from outside the ISO community for their outstanding contribution to the understanding or use of ISO standards
- The ISO Award For Higher Education, which aims to encourage and recognize successful programmes in higher education on standardization