Subscribe to updates
Radiation protection -- Performance criteria for radiobioassay
Media and price
ISO 28218:2010 provides criteria for quality assurance and control, and evaluation of performance of radiobioassay service laboratories.
Criteria and guidance for in vivo radiobioassay and in vitro radiobioassay are given in separate clauses.
The following are within the scope of ISO 28218:2010:
- the accuracy of
- in vivo measurements of activity and quantities of selected important radionuclides in test phantoms, and
- in vitro measurements of activity and quantities of selected important radionuclides in test samples;
- minimal requirements for detection limit;
- minimum testing levels and testing ranges;
- requirements for reporting radiobioassay results by service laboratories;
- quality assurance in service laboratories;
- quality control in service laboratories;
- protocol for reporting test evaluations by service laboratories to the testing laboratory;
- default procedures when the service laboratory customer does not specify the performance criteria;
- applications of y # for different methods.
The following are not within the scope of ISO 28218:2010:
- detailed radiochemical methods for separating radionuclides from biological samples;
- detailed procedures for in vivo and in vitro radioactivity measurements;
- biokinetic data and mathematical models for converting radiobioassay results into dose (dose assessment);
- procedures for the preparation and distribution of test samples and phantoms by the testing laboratories.
No corrigenda or amendments available
Preview and follow ISO 28218:2010 on our Online Browsing Platform
Contact customer services
your enquiry by email
or call us on +41 22 749 08 88
09:00 – 12:30,
14:00 – 17:00 (UTC+1).