This standard has been revised by: ISO 9000:2005
This International Standard describes fundamentals of quality management systems, which form the subject of the ISO 9000 family, and defines related terms.
This International Standard is applicable to the following:
- organizations seeking advantage through the implementation of a quality management system;
- organizations seeking confidence from their suppliers that their product requirements will be satisfied;
- users of the products;
- those concerned with a mutual understanding of the terminology used in quality management (e.g. suppliers, customers, regulators);
- those internal or external to the organization who assess the quality management system or audit it for conformity with the requirements of ISO 9001 (e.g. auditors, regulators, certification/registration bodies);
- those internal or external to the organization who give advice or training on the quality management system appropriate to that organization;
- developers of related standards.
Document published on: 2000-12-15 Edition: 2 (Monolingual) ICS: 03.120.10; 01.040.03 Status: Withdrawn Stage: 95.99 (2005-09-20) TC/SC: ISO/TC 176/SC 1 Number of Pages:
Revised by: ISO 9000:2005
Revises: ISO 8402:1994