This International Standard describes fundamentals of quality management systems, which form the subject of the ISO 9000 family, and defines related terms.
This International Standard is applicable to the following:
- organizations seeking advantage through the implementation of a quality management system;
- organizations seeking confidence from their suppliers that their product requirements will be satisfied;
- users of the products;
- those concerned with a mutual understanding of the terminology used in quality management (e.g. suppliers, customers, regulators);
- those internal or external to the organization who assess the quality management system or audit it for conformity with the requirements of ISO 9001 (e.g. auditors, regulators, certification/registration bodies);
- those internal or external to the organization who give advice or training on the quality management system appropriate to that organization;
- developers of related standards.
Document published on: 2000-12-15 Edition: 2 (Monolingual) ICS: 03.120.10; 01.040.03; 03.100.70 Status: Withdrawn Stage: 95.99 (2005-09-20) TC/SC: ISO/TC 176/SC 1 Number of Pages:
Revised by: ISO 9000:2005
Revises: ISO 8402:1994
No corrigenda or amendments available