Basic principles for graphical symbols for use on equipment -- Part 1: Creation of graphical symbols for registration
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed* in 2015.
- a) Clause 8 in the previous edition is moved to Clause 4;
- b) Mandatory requirement for the line width in symbol originals is changed to 2 mm or 4 mm (see 6th paragraph of 7.3);
- c) For negation of a graphical symbol, a single diagonal bar is allowed in addition to two diagonal bars at right angles;
- d) A new meaning of negation 'do not' is allowed;
- e) Some freedom is given for use of the basic pattern such as for symbol originals to be within the 75 mm square instead of the octagon;
- f) Annex A (normative) is newly introduced for provisions on title, description and notes;
- g) The nature of notes is changed to be purely informative; and
- h) Clause 10 in the previous edition is moved to Annex C (informative).
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 108. This International Standard has been prepared in co-operation with ISO/TC145/SC 3. It is published as a double logo standard.
Document published on: 2008-11 Edition: 2 (Bilingual) ICS: 01.080.20 Status: Published Stage: 90.60 (2016-12-07) TC/SC: ISO/TC 145/SC 3 Number of Pages: 34
Revises: IEC 80416-1:2001
No corrigenda or amendments available