Identification cards -- Integrated circuit cards -- Part 15: Cryptographic information application
(Only available in English)
This standard has been revised by: ISO/IEC 7816-15:2016
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 specifies a card application. This application contains information on cryptographic functionality. Further, ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 defines a common syntax (in ASN.1) and format for the cryptographic information and mechanisms to share this information whenever appropriate.
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 supports the following capabilities:
- storage of multiple instances of cryptographic information in a card;
- use of the cryptographic information;
- retrieval of the cryptographic information;
- cross-referencing of the cryptographic information with DOs defined in ISO/IEC 7816 when appropriate;
- different authentication mechanisms; and
- multiple cryptographic algorithms.
Document published on: 2004-01-15 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.15 Status: Withdrawn Stage: 95.99 (2016-05-09) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Number of Pages:
Revised by: ISO/IEC 7816-15:2016